"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney
- I started with drawing a castle onto my watercolour paper. As a reference I used a silhouette picture of the castle that I found online. Then I created an outline with masking fluid. This will hold the wet colours in place and you don't have to worry about guidelines!
- After the fluid was dry, I went ahead and added water to the paper for the wet on wet effect. This way you can create beautiful colour transitions!
- Start with light colours! This way you can build up the colour intensity and also create beautiful layers!
- To create the bubble effect, I used robbing alcohol. First I created one layer and let the colour dry, then added more colour. When the colour is still wet, add a few drops of rubbing alcohol on top! Be sure to wait for each layer to be dry before repeating this step!
- Whenever I started with a new layer of colour, I tried to make the colours always darker then the last layer. This way when you add rubbing alcohol, the lighter layer will show up and create a pretty pattern!
- I did that a few times, until I was happy with the dark shades of colours!
- Then I just dripped different shades of colours to create splashes of colour!
- Since I always wanted to add a text onto the painting, I wrote the letters with acrylic paint and then wrote it again with a dark marker, so the quote was more visible.